Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Beauty Review: Elf Make up Remover Cleansing Cloths



Elf Make-up Remover Cleansing Cloths




Beauty Review by:
Michelle Hibbard




I bought these make-up removing cloths last month while making an Elf Cosmetics online purchase. The cloths/wipes I normally buy can run up to $7 so I thought wouldn't it be wonderful if the Elf wipes worked just as well and for only $3 I could buy double for the price of my usual make-up removing wipes.

When they arrived I was a little disappointed because the one thing I forgot to look at before purchasing was the quantity.  There are only 20 wipes in these packages. I probably would have bought them anyway because they are so cheap.

That night I opened them and noticed they had a very pleasant smell.  It wasn't overkill,  just a light clean fragrance. I started to write away my make-up mask which I usually start with my forehead and go around my face doing my eyes last with a second wipe. It seemed to be working OK but I wasn't impressed.  I always use 2 wipes and with these I had to use 3.

After wiping away my face make-up I started with my eyes.  The second I bought the cloth near my eye it started to sting and water. Not good. It took off the eye make-up but not as easily as I would like.  I felt like I really had to rub to get it off and the eyes are the area you want to be very gentle with because rubbing harshly can cause fine lines.

Even with these issues I decided to continue using them. The blogger and beauty reviewer inside of me want to make sure they wouldn't get better with time.
They didn't.
I noticed a small breakout on my chin so I decided that night would be the last time I use these wipes and I would purchase my usual wipes the day.

I am not over exaggerating when I say the next day my entire face was broken out!

I was horrified! I had spent so long getting a skin care regimen down that was finally keeping my skin clear and these stupid wipes broke me out worse than ever and in just 5 days! Ugh!

Below is a picture of the lovely face decorations the Elf Make-up Remover Cleansing Cloths gave me.




So I am sure you can guess I did not use these again.  I threw them away. Like I have said before, Elf is hit and miss. They have some super amazing products, a few are my all time favorites,  but they also have some really bad products too.

Needless to say I do not recommend these for anyone out any skin type!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓



Nume has amazing deals going on like the one in the picture above.
If you aren't familiar with Nume they are a well known company,  especially in the beauty community that sell top of the line hair tools, hair care products and accessories.
For a limited time I have been given a code that will get my readers 50% off and free shipping!
Just click on the link below,  shop on the site and when you get to checkout enter "numefall50"
This code does not work on discounted items.
Interested?
Click here and get started!




For business inquiries only:
beauty360bychelle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment