Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Flower Cosmetics, make-up line made by Drew Barrymore. Mascara and lipstick

Flower Beauty Cosmetics
by Drew Barrymore
Made in the USA

A beauty review by:
Michelle Hibbard











So I saw this new line of make-up at Walmart a few months ago and they only had a few shades of lipstick, some nail polish and some other items. What caught my eye was the packaging. It looked like a higher end cosmetic but the prices were definitely drugstore, not to mention I saw this at Walmart. No high end make-up sold there.  
However I did not choose to purchase anything.
I later looked online to see if I could find any reviews, not a one! This was a month or so ago. Not sure about now.
I looked at the website and found out this is a line made by the Covergirl herself Drew Barrymore! I read that she does not choose to advertise because she wants all money to go into the product making it a high end cosmetic for a drugstore price. She is also selling her cosmetics exclusively with Walmart. Pretty interesting.
So today I go to Walmart to buy a toy for my kids and before I know it I'm in the cosmetics aisle. Woops!
I see that the corner that used to have a few items from Drew's line is filled with something else. I was a little disappointed but couldn't leave empty handed so I start to walk around and boom! She now has a whole section at Walmart! 
I have been on a mission to find the perfect drugstore mascara, so I purchase one by Flower and decide to throw in a lipstick. Both sold at the price of $6.98 each. Not bad. 
Now for the reviews... Drum roll please...










Flower Cosmetics
Lash Knockout Volumizing Mascara
$6.98 at Walmart






Review:
:



Ladies and Gentleman, I think I have a winner!!! This mascara is 
ah-mazing!!! I did have to layer it on but the outcome was ridiculous! It looked like I had fake lashes on! They were separated, no clumping, didn't shed under my eye throughout the day. Love this! At first I thought it was going to be super dry. Not much product was coming out on the brush but this is actually a good thing. If you want a really natural look for your lashes this will make them look naturally long and thick. If you want length and volume you just add a few more coats. I normally don't like brushes like this but I love this one! Go! Go buy it now!!!!!!!






Rating:



This is my very first 10 rating. There is nothing bad about this product!! It is everything anyone would want in a mascara for only $6.98!! 









Flower Cosmetics
Luxury Lip Color
Color: Morning Glory
$6.98 at Walmart







Review:

The second item I bought was a lipstick. This was not as amazing as the mascara. First let me start with the color. In this picture you can see that the color on the outside looks like a pastel pink. Right?



OK now look at this picture. The actual lipstick is a nude color. This picture isn't as noticeable as seeing the actual thing but you can see it is not the same color and almost the same color as my skin. Being that you cannot swatch or open most products in a drugstore it is very crucial, in my opinion, that the color you are advertising is the same color in the tube that you are selling.



I do like this nude color so I am not going to return this but it isnt what I thought I was purchasing. If I wanted a nude color I would have bought one of her nude lipsticks, who knows maybe the nude is a pink colored lipstick.



As for the actual product, I do like the lipstick. I'm not in love with it but the formula is nice. Stays on OK, but has a very make-up-ee taste to it. That I don't like.






Rating:


I am going to rate this a 4. I just feel that there is nothing special about it. The fact that the colors are off too really irritates me. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment