Friday, February 14, 2014

How to: How I made my invisible eyebrows visible.



How to: Dye your eyebrows for less than $10 
for months of use

A How to by:
Michelle Hibbard








I picked this little tip up a few years back. I actually got the idea from my father. He used to dye his facial hair and he would buy these boxes of beard dye and it would last forever and it took him less than ten minutes to do the whole process.

When I was little I was a blonde child but as I grew older my hair got darker, however my eyebrows stayed very light. I always had a issue with this because kids would tease me at times. If you are my age maybe you will remember a movie named "Powder"that came out in 1995. I never saw this movie but it was about a Albino, bald, no eyebrows and obviously very pale and he was a mind reader or something. Anyways my classmates would call me "powder" because my eyebrows were so light you could barely see them. Kids can be cruel! I started filling in my eyebrows at age 11.

Enough of my childhood dramas, lets get to the point! I decided to purchase a box. Now I have tried kits for the purpose of dying eyebrows but the didn't work very well and they seemed to have less effect after the first use.

After a incredibly easy application I fell in love! They looked awesome! Didn't dye my skin, but f you leave it on too long it will, it was a perfect color and I used the tiniest amount and there was some left over.

So now I use the Just For Men Mustache and Beard dye in the color Medium to Light Brown. It comes with a brush but is not usable for eyebrows so I suggest using a spooly. It comes with two tubes at 0.5 oz each, one is a color base and the other is the developer. I put a drop a tiny bit bigger than a chocolate chip of the color base and the same amount of the developer, mix them together and apply to my eyebrows and after 5 minutes I wash them off and I have eyebrows!!! 


This box costs about $6.99 give or take a few pennies depending on where you buy it. The eyebrow tinting kits cost from $13.00 all the way to $45.00. The $13 is the one I tried and I didn't like it at all. It say it can be used for 6 weeks but after the first horrible orange looking application the dye seemed to be less potent. 
The beard dye on the other hand lasts me about three months and it works just as well on the 3rd month as the first day.

Here is a horribly lit picture of me, the only make-up I am wearing is mascara. This is two weeks after dying my brows so the dye lasts a bit. The shape of my eyebrows are bad and they need to be plucked and I probably should have used a filter so I don't look like grey mans twin but I wanted to show the COLOR and I didn't use a filter because I wanted to use a real picture. 
I don't have a before picture because I have been dying 
them for so long. Just imagine these same brows but 
blonde and invisible.

So if you have light brows and want to save money and use a dye that works, try this out! If you have any questions ask them in the comments and I will respond ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment