Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Wear Foundation




Lancome
Teint Idole
Ultra 24 Hour Wear
Foundation




A beauty review by:
Michelle Hibbard





The following information and claims are from the Lancome website...
After 8 years of intense research Lancome has come out with a finish product, the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Wear Foundation. Phew! What a name!
Their goal was to make a long lasting, never cakey foundation that wears comfortably.
This is a full coverage foundation that is said make flaws, pores, redness and imperfections disappear right before your eyes, leaving a velvety matte finish but never powdery.
So the question is, is this for real?


























Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Wear Foundation

All 14 shades are listed in above right picture.

Priced at $45.50.

Available now at Lancome.com, Sephora, Macy's, Ulta, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue





Review:





8:00 am












 I had a before shot with no make-up but my lovely 3 year old erased it.
So we are going to start here.
The before shot showed the redness around my nose, a few blemished on my chin and cheeks and dark circles under my eyes.
So I started with the foundation in the color Bisque C 310 and a flat top buffer foundation brush. 
I didn't use any primer because I wanted to see the lasting wear of the foundation by itself.
It went on easily and blended right into my skin. 
I used about 2 pumps and covered my whole face with some left over to touch up blemishes.
This foundation will definitely last for awhile.
It did make my skin look velvety just as Lancome said it would and it does have a matte finish but it was a tiny bit sticky so I needed to add some powder.
I used the Revlon Naked compact powder. It isn't cakey and goes on light so I thought since I was reviewing the foundation this would be a perfect powder to use.
I also applied the bronzer, blush and highlight from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed face palette. Love this palette!
I then finished up by doing my eyes, lips and excuse my eyebrows but I ran out of my Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil this morning so I had to go to plan B, my eyebrows au' natural. Not pretty at all!
Now that I am finished I am off to start my day!





6:00 pm




Ten hours later and not one touch up. Just touched up my lipstick from time to time but did not touch my face.
There is some redness around my nose starting so show through.
There are also blemishes peeking through but not too bad.
Overall this is really good! 
Remember I didn't use primer so I imagine if I did it would look even better.
There were no splotchy areas and it wasn't sinking in around fine lines.
I was outside quite a bit and it was raining so I am amazed at the outcome and the ultra wear this foundation provides!
As amazing as this foundation is I don't think it would look this great after 24 hours. I would never wear my foundation for 24 hours, but I gave 10 full hours with no touch up which is a normal wear for most people and I have to say this is definitely worth the $45.50!








(sorry for the lighting in the picture on the right)

This is after I touched it up and all I did was add some more powder.
It still looks great!
I washed my face shortly after this picture so this is the last update.
This foundation is ahhh-mazing and if you are willing to spend the moola go get it now!
It comes in a variety of shades so they have yours, it literally lasts all day and if I would have used primer and maybe did one touch up in the middle of the day I would have been flawless all day long.
You don't need much product to cover you face and have full coverage and it doesn't look cakey or splotch. I was in the rain half of the day and normally that would make my foundation splotchy, but not with this foundation.
I am a believer!
I would have to rate this product a 10!!!

I am obsessed! 

























1 comment:

  1. While doing my group makeup lesson London I used this foundation from a friend of mine. After that, I bought one for myself. I am absolutely in love with this one. This is so good for me and long lasting as well.

    ReplyDelete