Friday, February 14, 2014

Weekly Random: What is Influenster and why you should know about it...


Weekly Random
Beauty 411 by:
Michelle Hibbard





'




A couple of months ago I came across a video of someone sharing a box of beauty products, snacks and household items. She had mentioned the name Influenster and then said they were sending her free boxes to try out new products.
At first I was like free? Nothing is free! They must want me to purchase something or take a bunch of meaningless surveys.



Some months went by and I forgot all about it. 

I was looking through the "What to Watch" section on my youtube account and someone I was subscribed to had a video up about Influenster.

After watching her un-box some amazing items and then hearing for a second time that it is all free and gimmick free I decided to go see for myself.

I went to Influenster.com and started to register. I was thinking to myself if they start asking for credit card info I am outta here!
They never did.

So after I register it tells me I have to unlock "Badges" to get points so that I can move up on the site. I also see that it is important to be socially connected on the internet, meaning you need to have a facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, youtube or vine account, or have a blog (which I didn't at the time). You don't need all of them and you don't have to be a youtube guru but I believe they want you to have these accounts so that you can share your reviews to others. 

Now for the badges. There are many types of Badges for example there is one called Beauty Queen. Click on it and there are some boxes with different things to do.
Take questionnaires, by them, this lets them know what you like. You can do reviews on products, answer questions from others on the site about products and rate them.
After unlocking some badges, doing a few reviews and staying connected with the site they sent me my first box.



This was a Celestial Seasonings Green Tea box, Which contained 4 samples of some awesome green tea.
After receiving the box I checked in with the site and there was a list of things for me to do to review the tea.

Mostly I had to go on my social media sites and share my review there. Easy-peasy!
Then they will send me a survey about what I thought of the product. Haven't gotten that far yet.

The last thing is a Twitter party. This is where everyone who received this product will get on Twitter and chat about it.
Celestial Seasonings is also sending me a few gifts. Not sure what they are yet but I guess most companies send extra things after you review their product.

So this is my experience so far. If I do the reviews, survey and Twitter party I will be sent another item. Working my way up to the VoxBox.
The VoxBox is a big box full of full size products, Mostly beauty products from what I have seen.



So if getting free stuff interested you, and no, they will not ask for a credit card number, they don't sell your info or email address to other companies or make you sign up for other sites. YOU SPEND NOTHING!  All you have to do is give your honest opinion and you get free stuff!

Good luck!


I am not paid in any way by Influesnster to do this blog. They have no idea I am doing this and I am not receiving extra points or packages for this. I am doing this specifically  for you who read my blog as a way to share this site and get some free products to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment