Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's day step by step make-up tutorial


Valentine's Day Make-up Tutorial




By Michelle Hibbard




So I realized it is almost the big V day and I wanted to do something on my blog for this day. What better than a make-up tutorial!
I was sick while doing this so please excuse the extra blotchy skin and blood shot eyes!



Face




 Face washed and moisturized. I have a few breakouts at the moment, some scars, and my skin has blotchy redness everywhere.

Lets pretty this face up!!!





Start with your favorite primer. I am using Benefit's 
Porefessional, my absolute favorite!
I start by applying it on my T-zone first patting it on my skin 
then blending it all over my face.




Next I apply my eye primer. I am using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.
I use my finger and blend it only on my lid and brow bone. I do not apply this under my eyes because I am starting to get some fine lines and when this is applied it actually defines them. 




Now I am applying the Revlon PhotoReady foundation in the color 003 Shell. 
I am applying the foundation all over my face and about 2 inches down my neck. I apply this with a flat top buffer brush.




After applying foundation I touch up any dark circles or blemishes with the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser in the color light/pale.
When applying concealer over your foundation you want to stay pretty close to the same color. This is a shade lighter but I am also using this for contouring.
I place it under my eyes, around my nostrils, the bridge of my nose, my chin, a V shape between my eyebrows along with a few small lines above the V and on any blemishes. I use the pointy end of a damp Beauty Blender to blend the concealer.
If you would like to know how to contour your face shape go to Contouring for different face shapes a blog I did in January.





Immediately after blending the concealer I use a loose powder, Make up Forever Translucent powder is what I am using here, and generously dab it all over the areas I applied concealer with a loose powder brush.
This will keep the concealer from sinking into any fine lines and keeps your concealer looking fresh longer.



Now we are going to take any foundation powder and apply it all over the face except for the eyelids.
I am using Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in light with a fluffy face powder brush.






Here I am using the Urban Decay Naked face palette bronzer with a blush/bronzer brush.
I apply it under my cheek bones from my ear to where the outer edge of my eye is. You don't want to bring the bronzer in too far, This is used to define not make it noticeable you have a bunch of bronzer on.
Then I go around the hairline on my forehead and temples one side at a time, and finishing by swiping the brush under my jawbone and chin.





From the same Urban Decay face palette I take a angled blush brush to the highlighter and apply on top of my cheek bone from the hairline to about the middle of my eye. 
You can also apply to the bridge of your nose, chin and forehead to bring out more of a glow.




So in that same U.D. face palette there is a blush but for this look I wanted a more purple toned blush.
I used my Coastal Scents 10 blush palette and I used the very first blush on the top row.
I apply this to the apples of my cheeks sweeping it back towards my ears. This makes it look more natural



Eyes





For my eyes I am using the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette,
The first color I am using is Nooner, a matte mauve color.
If you do not have this palette just look for a color close to the ones I have chosen for this look.




I have applied Nooner to my crease only, then taking a blending brush I blend this color upward.




The next color I am going to apply is Liar, this is a shimmery darker mauve color, very close to the color Nooner but a bit darker, and has shimmer. 




With a tapered crease brush I am applying the color Liar to my outer V and bringing it in a tiny bit on the lid.
Then I go in with a smaller blending brush and very lightly blend it out.
I want to keep that V darker so don't blend too much.  Just enough to remove any harsh lines. If you do blend more than needed you can always go back with more of that color.




For my highlighter I am using the shade Strange, a matte cream color.





Using a shadow brush I am applying the color Strange to my brow bone and shading it down to where it meets the other shadow color, giving it a gradient effect.




I am also applying the color Strange to my inner eyelid and around my tear duct with a soft tapered crease brush.





The last color I am applying is Buzz. This is a shimmery dark pink shadow with a bit of glitter. You can just use a dark pink glitter shadow or a dark pink shimmer shadow.





I am applying Buzz to the center of my eyelid very generously and taking it to my outer lid. Staying only on the lid and not going over the crease. Then I take the same soft tapered crease brush that I used around my tear ducts and slightly tap my lid where the color Buzz and Strange (highlight color) meet.
This will fade the colors together nicely.





Now I am moving to the eyebrows. This is a pencil by Anastasia in the color Brunette.
I line the outside of my brows to the shape I like then filling them in.
I have really thin horrible eyebrows so this technique may not work for everyone





After filling in my brows I am using a brow gel also by Anastasia. This helps them not look so "drawn on".




I am going to use the Loreal Telescopic Precision waterproof liquid liner in carbon black.
I don't usually use waterproof liners but I was sick and my eyes were watering a bit.
First I line my eyelash line, then create a cat tail and then draw a second line from the tail to my tear duct and fill in where needed.
This was my first time using this liner and let me just say it is HORRIBLE!
Review coming soon.




Now the waterline. I am using two Stila smudge sticks. The top line I am using the color Stingray (black) and on the lower waterline I am using Aubergine (dark Burgundy)




Going back in with the color Buzz from the Naked 3 palette and a tapered crease brush I am applying it to my lower lash line stopping right before I reach my tear duct.




Cleaning up any fallout with a fan brush, or if you don't have a fan brush you can use a piece of tape.






For the final step with the eyes I am applying Flower's Lash Knockout in the color Intense Black. 
I was going to add false lashes to this look but like I mentioned before I was sick and my eyes were watering.
If you want to add lashes go for it girl!




Lips



Lips! Almost done! I a starting with a long lasting. no smudge nude color. This is Ofra's Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the color Angeles, I think?




Next I am using Loreal's Colour Riche Lipcolor in Tickled Pink.
This will keep your lips from drying and gives them a nice polished look. It also adds some pink to keep the color theme of Valentine's Day going. 



ALL DONE!!!!




Here is the finished look. Do not be afraid to switch things up. 




Looks like a mugshot!
I added some silver hoops. No crazy dangling earrings. Keep the attention to your face.



Happy Valentine's Day!!!! If you have a Valentine or not stay beautiful and love yourself!!!
My Valentine this year is my 3 year old son Jayden.
After I finished this look he said to me, "Mommy, you look beautiful. It looks like you have tigers in your eyes." 
Not sure what he meant but it was adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment