Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Beauty review: NEW! Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Glitter Singles

Wet n Wild 
Color Icon Glitter Singles


A beauty review by:
Michelle Hibbard






These are the brand new Wet n Wild Color Icon Singles, 7 are glitter cream singles and 3 are regular shadows. 
Starting at the top from left to right the colors are as follows:
Groupie, Brass, Suede, Cheeky and Vices
Binge, Spiked, Distortion, Bleached and Unchained 




The color above is Binge, not "Blinge". Sorry about the typo! Cannot believe I didnt see this!


 I walked in to my local Walgreens yesterday and these little shiny babies were on a new display and only $0.69! So I picked up the color Binge, a beautiful purple and Brass, a gold color. The normal price is still only $0.99 so they are very affordable!


I couldnt get great lighting on these pictures but the glitter is beautiful and very shiny!


I swatched them as soon as I got home, So far so good they look like they will be amazing...but will they?



I started by using the color Gold in my Lorac Pro palette, this is a darker gold color, almost bronzy. I only applied it to my lids. Then I took the color Light Bronze and applied it to my crease going up to a quarter inch from my eyebrow. On the brow bone I used the color Cream also from the Lorac Pro palette.
Now for the fun! 

This glitter is formulated for a easy application. No spray no fallout all over your face, just simply put some on your finger and apply where you want it. Using the glitter in the color Brass, I put a few swipes on my finger then applied it all over my lid and faded it out at the crease.

It was a little too shiny for me, since this was the middle of the day, so I added a little bit of the color Baked from my Naked 1 palette and gently tapped it on top of the glitter. Baked is a lighter gold color, matched the glitter better and I didn't want to cover the glitter just die it down a bit.



I then added my eyeliners and before I put on my mascara I took my Elf fat eyeliner in Gold (not sure of the name but that is the color) and applied it to my bottom waterline and below my lash line.
Last I put on my mascara.

The gel eyeliner was a new liner I had never used before, very hard to work with so I apologize if it looks a little sloppy.




So at this point I am in love! Very easy to apply, no glitter all over my face, and it looks fabulous!



One hour later I go to the mirror to check my makeup because I am getting ready to leave.

This is what I see...





The glitter had taken so long to dry and I guess I didn't realize it so I had some of my gel liner in my crease, the glitter was chunking together and removed spots of the eye shadow.
You can see in the picture above where I circled the hot mess. There was a little damage in the opposite eye also.

Overall review and rating:

Rating: 4

So here is what I think... after this disaster I did another swatch of both colors on my hand to see exactly how long this product takes to dry. The purple color, Binge took about 15 minutes! Brass, the gold too a few minutes longer. That is a ridiculous amount of time to dry. It is possible to wear this and just dont look up for 15 to 20 minutes or so but with all of that waiting you might as well take the time to use the loose glitter and spray. 

I might use these for the inner corner/tear duct area. That would be the only option for me other than the garbage.

I was really disapointed because the application did look beautiful but I never got a chance to wear it out of the house.

I really wanted this product to work. For $0.69 a pop its not a very big loss.

The idea is there Wet n Wild! Just improve the formula a bit and I am sold!

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓




Nume has amazing deals going on like the one in the picture above.
If you aren't familiar with Nume they are a well known company,  especially in the beauty community that sell top of the line hair tools, hair care products and accessories.
For a limited time I have been given a code that will get my readers 50% off and free shipping!
Just click on the link below,  shop on the site and when you get to checkout enter "numefall50"
This code does not work on discounted items.
Interested?
Click here and get started!




For business inquiries only:
beauty360bychelle@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment