Friday, March 14, 2014

Step by step tutorial using the Lorac Ooh La Lace baked eye shadow palette




Step by step tutorial 
using the Lorac Ooh La Lace
baked eye shadow
palette


Tutorial by:
Michelle Hibbard








Starting with a very moisturized, clean face.
As you can see I have acne and red splotches all over my face.
I also have dark circles around my eyes. 
Looks a lot worse in person if you can believe that!




Start off with a face primer.Use what works best for you. I am using the Porefessional by Benefit because I have large pores and this primer rocks!
I start in the areas that need it most and pat it on while blending.




Next I am going to apply foundation. I am using the Teint Idole Ultra 
24 hr Makeup by Lancome. (to see my review click here )
I am in the color 220 Buff C.
I apply spots of foundation all over my face, then take my flat top
foundation brush and blend it in doing circle and patting motions.
I add a small amount to my sponge (beauty blender dupe) and pat that on as well 
leaving a flawless finish.





My next step is to add eye primer. I apply it now so that it is 100% dry when 
applying eye shadow. I cant stand when its a little sticky.
Here I am using the Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer.
This was a first time use with this eye primer and let me just say I think it will be my last.
I love Lorac shadows, but was disappointed with this eye primer.





Next up is the concealer. I am using Tarte's Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer
in the color Fair-Light. 
I apply this under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, tip of my chin, around
my nostrils, my temples, above my nose on my lower forehead I make a arrow shape,
(see photo) and on any visible blemishes.
I use the pointy side of my sponge and my finger tips to blend this out.




Powder time! I am using the Diorskin Forever Wear-Extending Invisible Re-touch Powder in the color Translucent-Light. WOW, that's a title!
I start applying everywhere I applied concealer to first then patting it all over 
my face.




Using my all time go to face palette the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette
I apply bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, below my jaw line, the sides and tip of my nose and the hair line on my forehead using a tapered bronzer brush.
I use the highlight only on the top of my cheek bones with a fluffy blush brush.
Last from the palette I use the blush and apply it to the apples of my cheeks then sweeping it back along my cheek bones, this blending brush from real techniques is great for
applying blush. (brush on left in photo)
FYI on this look I am keeping the contour and blusher light because
I want the eyes to be the center of attraction.



I am using the Lorac Ooh La Lace palette for this look but these colors are very common and found in most palettes. I have four palettes that I can think of off the top of my head with very similar shades.
I also have drugstore quads with these colors, Ulta , NYX, Covergirl and Rimmel.
I am positive there are more but these are the ones I own.




I am going to pick up some of this shimmery white color with a lid brush.





I apply the white shadow all over my lid patting and packing it on. 
My eyes are saying "Well hello there"




Next I am going to take some of this matte dark brown color with a soft tapered brush.




I applied the dark brown to my outer V and swiping it along my crease and down to the outer edge of my eyelid. Should look like a V or L type shape depending on the shape of the eye.
It is a V shape on my eyes.




With a clean short blending brush I am blending the V I just made with the dark brown but staying above the lid. I take it up to about a quarter inch from my brows.





Now I am taking a lid brush and picking up a generous amount of this copper/bronze color.




With the bronze color I am patting it onto the outer half of my lid, starting from the outer area and working my way in to help make a gradient effect.




The last color I will use from this palette is the beautiful champagne color
using a fluffy blending brush.




I am applying this between the area where I blended the crease color out and about 1/4 of an inch from my brow bone swiping it across.




Taking a fat buffing/blending brush I am blending everything above my crease, I am moving back and forth and doing small circles until everything is well blended.




Taking another shadow brush I am using the color Birthday Suit by Be a Bombshell.




I am applying this cream color to my brow bone the swiping it down just a bit to keep the colors blended.




Using that same shimmery white color that I put on my lids in the beginning I take a slanted soft brush and apply it around my tear duct area and half way along my bottom, inner lash line. I am also touching up the shadow that has dulled on my lid.




Now with the bronze color and a smudge brush I am going to start from my outer bottom lash line then work my way to where it meets the white color and sweep a little on top blending the meeting of both colors.



Using the best brow pencil ever! The Brow Wiz by Anastasia in Brunette I am going to shape and fill in my horribly shaped eyebrows and make them look friggin awesome!
First I start at the top of my brow and make a line of the shape and arch I want. Then I do the same right under my brow, then fill it in, brush them through and add some brow gel, which is also by Anastasia.




Now for the liner. I am using the Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner pen in Jet Black.
I like to start my cat eye at the outer corner of my eye making a curved line to my crease, then starting from my tear duct making a line connecting the first line at the crease.
????Not explaining this well am I?




With a eyeliner pencil in the color black by Prestige I am filling my upper waterline. 




Filling in my lower waterline with Stila's waterproof Smudge Stick in LionFish, a metallic brown color.



Finishing the eyes with Mascara using Too Faced Better than Sex mascara in Black.
My favorite mascara right now!




Just going around and touching up any faded product like my blush.




The last item of make-up I am going to use is a lipstick by Ulta in the color Purple Reign.




I attempted to do my hair but ran out of time so forgive me for the mess of a hair do. Lets just leave the focus on the make-up. :)




Voila! Like a different person! Thanks for viewing and if you decide to try this look yourself tag me on instagram @beautyaddict1210 don't forget to hashtag #everydaybeautyreviews!!!
You can follow me too if you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment