Friday, January 10, 2014

Review: Maybelline New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Maybelline New Baby Skin

Instant Pore Eraser





My skin type: Dry skin, some adult acne at times. 

When my eyes caught this little gut at my favorite drugstore I was like Hell Yes!!! I love the Maybelline Baby Lips and I probably own almost everyone of them so I thought this would be another awesome product from this "Baby" line.
I paid $6.99 verses the $30 I pay for my normal primer of this type, The Porefessional by Benefit. I thought if this is a dupe for my $30 primer I could be saving quite a bit! 

So the following day I decided to try it. Washed my face, moisturized as normal then squeezed out a small amount of the Baby Skin. Unlike the Porefessional this one is clear.  I start applying it to my face, I noticed that after a minute of rubbing it on it wasn't drying like the Porefessional. It really was feeling like I was rubbing grease onto my face. I didn't notice any difference in the way my pores looked. Even though I felt like washing my face again, I continued by applying my everyday foundation and concealer. It made my foundation feel greasy and it started to make it look blotchy. 

After about 20 minutes of messing with this I finally got it to look semi wearable and finished putting on the rest of my make-up. Not even 4 hours later I look in a mirror to see my face looking oily, my foundation off in places, very blotchy, and it made my foundation settle around my nose and under my eyes. This is a foundation routine I have been using for months so I know this is caused by the Baby Skin primer.
There was no touching this mess up! Washed it off then and there!

                                     Review:
This is not a product I will suggest to anyone and I will not be repurchasing this. I will also be disposing of the rest of the full Baby Skin tube. This is a product with truly no benefits. I would never use it again and I would never give that waste of time and money to anyone else to use!

                                               2
I am rating this a 2. It would have been a zero but I do like the fact that it is clear and the packaging is so darn cute! The product itself gets 0 points.


                                              FYI
If you are looking for a product like this and you have a little extra money to spare I suggest The Porefessional by Benefit. It is $30 but most stores that carry this have a trial size for $10. It is so worth the money and it makes my foundation look amazing! Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment