Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Loreal 24 hour Power Volume Mascara

Loreal 24 hr Power Volume Mascara

A beauty review by:
Michelle Hibbard




When I saw this mascara in the drugstore I fell in love with the look of the brush. It looked like it was going to be the perfect mascara. Was it?
This is in the color blackest black #681
Pricing ranges from $7.54 to $10.99.
The advertisements claim the this mascara has 15 times the impact on lashes, bigger size brush so it will deposit more mascara, claims  that formula will last for 24 hours and has collagen for extreme volumes without smudging, flaking or clumps.





Review:

Some mascaras are packaged with the brush visible and a screw top on the mascara, others have a picture of the brush on the packaging and some it is a guessing game. The Loreal 24 hr Power Volume mascara is packaged with a drawing of what the brush is supposed to look like. When I opened the mascara and pulled the brush out I noticed the ends of the bristles were a square tip, not like the drawing which showed a regular pointed type tip.

The next thing I noticed was there was hardly any product on the brush, which sometimes happens the very first time or two you pull the wand out. This was not one of those times. I put it in wiggled it around and pulled it out, (get your mind out of the gutter, lol ) it just seemed so dry. After doing this a dozen times I decided to just start to apply the mascara. 
The first coat hardly put anything on my lashes. It took 6 coats until I was satisfied there was enough product on them. Its funny because most mascaras start out too wet, this one was like a old mascara I have had in my drawer for 2 years. Even though it was dry and was more work than I liked I was satisfied with the way my lashes came out. There was no clumping, the lashes were very separated which gave them volume without the thick mascara look. In all honesty I was really liking this mascara... which lasted 20 minutes.
 After applying this mascara I sat down with my toddlers to play a game. Twenty minutes into the game I got up to use the restroom. I always have to look at myself when I walk into a bathroom. I was shocked to see that the mascara was already flaking! Only 20 minutes after I put it on! I really was starting to like this mascara but this was the last straw.

Since it was early in the day and I didn't feel like doing my make-up all over again I got a another mascara I own that is a really wet formula and put a coat on top. This actually worked well because after applying the second mascara I had minimal flaking.
I guess if I was willing to go through this annoying process I would use this product because at the end of it all my lashes did look very nice. There was volume and they did not stick or clump, but if I am going to buy a mascara I don't think I should have to use a separate mascara just to make it work. 

If Loreal were to fix the flaking problem I would totally use this mascara daily and definitely recommend it. it is what it is, a just OK mascara and I only recommend it if you are someone who uses three different mascaras, I could see this being the first coat of the three and maybe working that way. Who knows... maybe I just bought a faulty dried up tube!



Rating:

I am going to rate the Loreal 24 hr Power Volume mascara a 4. Although I did like the outcome it was too much work and I cant get passed the fact that within 20 minutes of just sitting it started to flake. Not just a few flakes but the whole area under my eye was covered in flakes.(Not exaggerating!)
 I am on a mission to find the best drugstore mascara out there! For myself and for anyone out there that reads my blogs. I will find it!












































































































No comments:

Post a Comment